Thursday, January 21, 2010
This Week in Xerox "TWIX Notes"
Xerox announced that its ACS division will lay off 220 workers in its Eden Prairie, Minnesota office.
- According to Xerox’s VP of Marketing, David Bates; “I don’t believe anybody in 2010, as in 2009, is going to be spending money unless they’re spending money to save money. The good news is we’re helping people save a lot of money”
- Xerox has filed a patent in regards to a TV advertising. The technology would make it possible to add behavioral targeted advertising to TV programming by letting the TV or set-top box edit the content the viewer gets to see. The marker sent out by the broadcaster would trigger the ad insertion of local TV.
- Xerox announced it has sold a Xerox Nuvera 288 production b/w system and an iGen3 production color system to Hamilton Printing Co. of Castleton, NY.
- Xerox announced it has sold a Xerox Nuvera 288 production b/w system to CFH Total Document Management of Somerset, England.
- Xerox’s Bill Ernisse, a healthcare general manager, will discuss his relationship with Broadlane, Ascension, Kindred & Tenet Hospital, at the TechBiz Connection event in Orange County, CA on 1/20/2010.