Monday, July 20, 2009

The Moon Landing "Forty Years Before and Forty Years Later"


Forty years ago, I was 12 years old and perched in front of our TV and for the life of me I can't remember if we had a color set or black & white. There was me, my twin brother , my mother, my father and our 180lb Great Dane. I watched the first man step foot on the moon, and I dreamed that maybe one day, I could venture into space and become a traveler of the stars.

Sometimes I look at dates and try to take perspectives as to where we were and were are. Starting at 1969 and looking back 40 years, there was the Wall Street Crash, the German airship the Graf Zeppelin flew around the world in 21 days while Jews and Arabs were killing each other in Palestine.

Today we find ourselves in financial uncertainty similar but not as dire as the Great Depression. We can now travel to to moon in 3 days or less and the Jews and Arabs are stilling killing each other.

What will be the future in 2049?

No comments: