Thursday, April 2, 2009

On Demand Show in Phili 2009

I'm was thrilled that On Demand/AIIM show is back in Phili! It's always a pleasure to be in Phili in the spring.

I would have to concur with others that the show was much smaller than previous years, and I'm also thinking that attendance was down, way down. Of course the larger manufacturers had some decent traffic, however once you went around to the smaller vendors all I heard was how horrendous the traffic was. In years past, when traveling with colleagues I would lose site of them for hours at a time and would have to call them on the cell in order to find them. Not this time, aisles were free to walk about and you could see from one end to the other without the obstruction of people. A few vendors stated that the first and second day in the AM had some traffic however by the time the afternoon rolled around the turnout was sparse.

Here's some of the players in Print Production that were missing from the show; Kodak (Geez, why were they not there and especially when everyone had to wear Kodak lanyards??), Ricoh (They release the C900 and they don't show with their PPBG Group of high end production units), IKON (I had heard that Ricoh would not be there but assumed that they would send IKON for the Print Production, I guessed wrong), Sharp (Again another comapany trying to get back in the game with some good segment 6 and they missed the boat also).

Like always there was tremendous action at Canon, and Xerox. Konica Minolta and OCE seemed to have a lot of action also. InfoPrint/Ricoh was there with their version of the C900, however it was they made sure that everyone new they were InfoPrint/Ricoh.

Unlike years in past the HP booth was a challenge to navigate, however not alot of action there. Everywhere you looked were high production color units for over $100K, I was shocked when I was told the MRSP of the new KonicaMinolta Pro65hc was around $120k with accessories for a 60ppm color device!

Here's a list of what I'll be bloggin about in the next few days:

KonicaMinolta Pro65hc
Paradigm Imagings C140 imagePRO
OCE CS 130T & CS665
Canon C1+
Panasonic DPM 210 (A4 device)
KonicaMinolta KM652
LamaFilm

I did have the chance to see one of my accounts at the show and he purchased at the show at Xante Illumina Envelope Press. This is really and OkiC9800 printer with an envelope feeder and conveyor exit area. I think he paid $14,995 "show special", he also told me he was very happy with how the machine ran at the show.

-=Good Selling=-

1 comment:

Greg_Walters said...

Art!

Very cool, get a cheese steak for me!