Sunday, April 19, 2009

Copier Sales "A Week In The Life" Wednesday!


About a week ago I asked some members of the P4P Hotel to please post a blog for the Series "Copier Sales" A Week in The Life" Larry Levine from California sent me this, so I'm posting for all. It's a good read and well put together!

A day in life Wednesday…….

As always the day starts off at 4:15 A.M. with a trip to the gym. Can’t start off the day without a trip to Starbucks while making the 19 mile drive into my office which is located a few miles from the beach.

At the office by 6:30 A.M. to sift through emails, enter the previous days work into my database, and research prospective clients through Reference USA. By 7:30 A.M. I am picking up the phone to try to catch a CFO who will actually answer their phone. By 8:00 I am in management meetings. Ironic the topic is getting our sales people to call on more new business.

By 9:00 A.M. I get back into my office and dial, dial, dial, voice mail, voice mail, voice mail. Does anyone like to answer their phones anymore?

Roll out of the office at 10:30 A.M. to head to a meeting to discuss how to displace a Ricoh direct account. For the next hour all I hear is I hate my rep… of course it is never the same rep for more than six months, my billing is always wrong, and oh by the way it takes an act of god to get them to correct any errors but I like the product. Another Ricoh give away uncovered ( this was posted on April 15th in the P4P message board). Asked the prospect if we could match what Ricoh offered could we do business? The answer was absolutely.

So for the entire afternoon conversation upon conversation occur with my Ricoh DSM, management, Ricoh DSM to try to figure how to get pricing down to next to nothing…… have you filled out the ADF support form yet is the first comment I hear from Ricoh DSM, then of course we need to take to Jersey then to….. crap I don’t give a damn just give me pricing to compete is all I care about.

So a wasted entire afternoon to find out Ricoh could give a rats A$$ about the dealers success but supports Ricoh direct giving equipment and service away with no profit.

-=Good Selling=-

No comments: