Monday, November 30, 2009
Top Ten Predictions for the Copier Industry in 2010
It's that time of the year again!!
Can we all be thankful that 2009 is going, going, gone!!!
The office equipment industry was rocked this year with additional consolidation with the likes of Canon, OCE, Nuance, e-Copy, Xerox and HP.
I've got good news, this is going to continue into 2010!
Who will the players be in 2010?
Here's my predictions for 2010, enjoy!
1. HP makes Hostile bid for Xerox
2. Kyocera acquires Sharp's MFP business
3. KonicaMinolta acquires Toshiba's MFP business
4. Ricoh acquires Kodak Print Production Group
5. Matt Espe is announced and new Ricoh CEO
6. Samsung purchases Memjet technology
7. Samsung is number #1 in world wide MFP placements
8. Panasonic finally throws in the towel!
9. Print Management Software is now a standard bid spec for the federal government (GREEN rules)
10. Okidata acquires Lexmark
Yeah, I know some of these are far fetched, who knows we've seen crazier things happen in the industry, right? If you've got anything to add, post it here and I'll add the comments!