Sunday, November 8, 2009

Copier Sales "Friday Night Lights"


Being in the business for almost 30 years means you've been on many appointments. But you always seem to remember the appointments that are scheduled on the off hours. Such as very early in the AM (I don't set too many of these) and then the weekend appointments (especially when you need to hit your numbers), however the ones I remember most are appointments done after hours or in the evenings.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that many of you have never had a late night or early evening appointment, now late night appointments to me are the ones that are after 7PM. The later the better and if it's a Friday, then pretty much I'm a happy guy.

Consider this, if someone is willing to see you on a Friday night, make sure you bring all of the documents you need to sign the order! This just happened to me this Friday, originally we had the appointment for Thursday evening, but I had a call to reschedule for Friday, did I feel like going on a Friday evening..., well,... no, but I knew the chances of getting an order goes through the roof!

After the appointment, I had the order and a check for 60ppm color device!! Nice way to end the week huh?

Point is, if you've had trouble with hooking up with your customer during the week, ask for an evening appointment, only the serious will commit and you pretty much bank on getting the order.

-=Good Selling=-

No comments: