Monday, November 16, 2009

Canon to buy Dutch copier maker Oce for $1.09 bln



It's early here on the East Coast, guess the last thing I expected this AM was to read the PR Releases that Canon plans to buy OCE. But, I will tell you that I was not surprised with the Press Release. Canon had to do something to combat Ricoh, was this the right move to combat Ricoh?

Well. yes and no, Canon will now have a presence in the AEC wide format market place, something they didn't have before the plans to buy OCE. Canon increases it's presence in print production, CRD and back office placements. I don't know the official numbers, however there's a heck of a lot of clicks out there.

It's off to work I go, I'll have more tonight after reading and getting other peoples comments. What I will say, all of you Canon and OCE people in major market areas, say hello to the new Canon!

-=Good Selling-=

No comments: