Tuesday, June 23, 2009
TWIX "This Week In Xerox"
From various sources on the web and media!
More details on Xerox winning the Procter & Gamble account with managed print services:
- Will supposedly reduce company’s operational costs by 20-25%
- 5 year contract
- 138,000 employees
- Offices in 80 countries
- Web portal for ordering printers, supplies and service
- Will reduce printer power requirements by 30%
Xerox announced a new EFI Fiery print server for its iGen4 production color laser system. Details:
- Utilizes the in-line spectrophotometer built into the print engine
- External controller design
- Called the EFI Fiery EX Print Server
- Supports high speed variable data output
Xerox announced it won a FM bid for Northern Rock Financial of Finland. Size and length of contract not announced.
In an effort to raise cash, Xerox announced it will sell its 29 story, 850,000 square foot building, and will lease it from the new owner. Also it will sell an adjacent auditorium, and two other buildings. All are in the Rochester, NY area.
Xerox launched the “Gallup”, which is an iGen4 production color system attached to an Epic CT1-635 coater and a KAMA diecutter/foil stamper, to produce high speed, full color, small packages for cosmetic industry.
In another FM contract Xerox won, it claims that it saved Baptist St. Anthony’s Medical Center of Amarillo, TX a total of $300,000 per year.