Thursday, January 8, 2009

Canon Printers Top HP Printers!

This was a nice little read By Jeff Bertolucci , PC World , 01/07/2009 :

The basic theme Canon printers are adored by their owners and HP is continuing its slide.



Canon
is to printers what Apple is to desktops and laptops: Simply put, our
readers love their products. Like last year, the vendor garnered high marks
in
eight of nine categories, missing only on the "Problem was never
resolved"
measure.

Funny thing while I'm out selling here in New Jersey, I can admit that I haven't seen one Canon printer out their. I work in the New York Metro area, so I think if they were this popular I would see more of these. Now, I'm thinking that maybe this report was based on very low end personal printers?


Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see, right?

-=Good Selling=-

3 comments:

Bill McKissen said...

Heh...That report is excellent fiction.

The businesses I deal with LOVE thier CANON copiers. Canon printers, well that's a different story. They are universally loathed by every single customer I have contact with.

HP is getting dinged on the lower end consumer level product. The quality does seem to be lacking on these lines. But I always remind them that the consumer grade lines were never designed to be used in a business.

Greg_Walters said...

I too, have never seen a Canon printer in a business...

And isn't PC World a consumer based publication?

Seems to have been a bit of "anti-HP" rhetoric out lately...interesting...

Christy Otten said...

Beware of Canon printer compatability issues. They DO NOT currently support 64 bit systems on older printers, even as new as 2005 models. Almost all printer companies use PCL driver protocal, however, Canon uses a proprietary CAPT driver system. So my new computer [with a 64 bit system] is useless on both of my Canon printers. Therefore, have to buy new one and it WON'T be a Canon since I don't know what support they'll provide in the future.