Friday, January 9, 2009

"On Hold" Selecting the Right MFP Dealer!

I will tell you this from experience, not having someone to answer the phone at an Office Equipment Dealer is equaled to telling your customer to call someone else!

Here are some responses I received when I asked posed this question in our end user forums.

"I thought, why the heck am I wasting my time, this is BS, hire some more people"

"Why the heck am I doing business with this company?"

"All, I wanted was to speak to a sales person to get information now, I'm calling someone else and not even leaving a message"

"I just got sick and tired of counting the pencils that were hanging in the ceiling tiles, I've just hung up and will call someone else"

To think that keeping customers on hold or not having someone to answer the phone is a "cost savings" is ludicrous. This is one way to sink your business and never have repeat business. Here's a few more for you!

"I'm thinking it's August, 90 degrees and I'm listening to Holiday music while I'm on hold, are these people a pack of idiots?"

"Twenty minutes later, someone answers the line and I forgot what I wanted. I screamed at them and told them never to call me again!, I'll bet that threw them for a loop!"

Believe it or not, there are decent sized dealers that just rely on customers leaving messages and never picking up the phone. I say, find someone else to do business with!

-=Good Selling=-

No comments: