Sunday, August 5, 2012

10 Hints on How to Be Successful Selling Wide Format MFP's

The other day I received and email from Dean over at Affordable Business Systems.  He had purchased my book titled "How to Be Successful Selling Digital Wide Format Systems", and was curious if I had a vertical market letter to go along with book.  I stated I did and I would post that letter on the Premium Print4Pay Hotel forums, so he could download for his rep.

When Ricoh first released the Aficio 240W, geesh I can't even remember what it was, however I can remember that the Ricoh 240W was a kick ass system.  It was one of those rare moments in the industry when I had the only small footprint, low volume digital wide format toner based system (print, scan, copy, collate, reduce, enlarge) on the market that was priced at under $20,000. 

We had the market for almost two years with no competition, it was not uncommon to make over $3,000 in commissions per system.  The key was to engage with potential clients that were outsourcing their wide format prints and scans.  There was an immediate ROI to the customer since most were outsourcing 3,000 square feet a month at .25 cents to .50 cents per month.  Sales were awesome! As always good things come to an end and every copier manufacturer thus released their own version of low volume digital wide format system.

I thought I would share some of my wide format tips that I've gathered over the years.  I have put together a list of my top 10, I'll post five of them here and the rest I'll post on the Premium Print4Pay Hotel forums along with my vertical marketing letter. If you order my book and send me an email I'll email you the entire 10 tips:

1. Join your local AIA Association
2. Sponsor events for you local AIA Association such dinners, awards, continuing education events and golf outing.
3. Join your local Professional Engineering Association
4. Sponsor events for you local Professional Engineering Association such dinners, awards, continuing education events and golf outing.
5. Speak their language, get familiar with terms like red line, blueline, ANSI, vector, raster, as-built
6. Find out.............................................
7. Focus on scan.....................................
8. Know what the break point for .................................
9. Know what the customer is paying..................................
10.  Know the disadvantages of ......................

Even though the AEC market has suffered from the economy there are still a ton of these systems in the field.  They will all need to be upgraded.

=Good Selling=-







No comments: