Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So, you all thought copiers were bad right?

So, you all thought copiers were bad right?  Well at least with copiers you have solid, knowledgeable dealers that will support or replace a bad system.  When was the last time you had your copier company offer you unlimited everything?  We'll give you unlimited toner, paper, and go ahead make as many prints, copies and faxes as you like and we'll just never bill you an overage! 

All of the above get me to this, years ago when I got my first blackberry, I'll admit, I was cheap, and I would move from calling plan to calling plan to try and save a few bucks. Finally, it came time for another FREE Verizon upgrade. I opted to stay with the blackberry and finally gave in to the "unlimited" data plan. Woohoo I thought, unlimited emails, Internet, bring on the data!  I was a happy Verizon customer until......I got wind that Verizon was not going to offer the unlimited data plan anymore!

The next day I was on the phone with a Verizon rep and asked does this mean that I don't have unlimited data anymore?  I was told no that's not the case you'll be grandfathered in and as long as you stay with Verizon you'll get to keep your unlimited data package. Woohoo, I'm good to go again right?  It seems that was not the case, my current 2 year plan has lapsed, and I've been receiving emails about upgrading, newer smart phones, so finally I bit. Off I went to the Verizon store, has anyone in Jersey every been to one of these stores?  To put it plain and simple they suck, my worst nightmare is having to go to one of these stores and deal with their "sheep herder" mentality for processing customers.  I picked out the the smart phone that I wanted, and then while they are processing the plan, I see a red alert pop up on the customers service reps screen that needs I need to by additional data.  WTF, I stated that my plan was unlimited, the customer service rep stated well that's not what the computer is stating. With that, a huff and a puff and I was out the door with my old blackberry.

I then called Verizon customer service from outside the store and another customer service rep explained that I can keep my unlimited plan, however I would have to pay full price for the smart phone and still enter into another 2 year agreement.  I thought....typical BS from a company that thinks they he more than enough customers. There is no way I'm going to pay the full price and then commit to owing you $3,200 for the next two years.

If you google "How Verizon Screwed" me, I think the google count was almost two million matches. I know this doesn't have much to do with copiers, printers and solutions but I needed to get this rant out there.  I'll just find a hand me down or an older smart phone and the web and Verizon can Kiss My Ass.

-=Good Selling=-

No comments: