Sunday, January 2, 2011
Top Ten MFP Copier Industry Predictions for 2011
Ready here we go!
1. Kodak will sell their Print Production Unit or be on the verge of bankruptcy
2. Samsung will buy Muratec (for the additional dealer base)
3. Samsung will intro an A3 MFP in the USA
4. The Ikon brand will disappear and all branches will be Ricoh Americas Corp
5. Kyocera, Toshiba and Sharp will merge their MFP divisions and be called TOKYO'S (lol)
6. Copier Manufacturers will acquire more Managed Print Service companies than Copier Dealers
7. Print Manufacturers will start acquiring both Copier Dealer and Manager Print Service Companies
8. Direct Branches will include 50,000 scans with a new MFP and then charge for overages.
9. SMART MFP's will replace the term MFP or MFD and Copier
10. Your guess is as good as mine! BTW Savin and Lanier Brands will disappear also!
One for fun, GMAN becomes COO of KonicaMinola Business Solutions America
If you've got anything to add please post it here!