Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Samsung 6345N Review from the Street!


Its been about six months since the Samsung 6345N was introduced and about 4 months or so since it has been on the street. For those of you who do not know the 6345N is a 45ppm MFP that can scan, print copy & fax (optional) all for a retail price of $2,995. The system can take an optional fax module along with a finisher/stapler and upto three additional 550 sheet paper trays.I have sold six of these units since they came out and have captured about 50,000 pages per month for all of the devices.

Here's what I like about the 6345N:


  • Auto Doc Feeder is fast and copy and print speed is as advertised!

  • Large 550 sheet paper trays for letter or legal.

  • MSRP

  • Duplex Print Speed

  • Footprint

  • Color Scanning

  • Document Server

  • Simple Easy to Navigate Touch Screen

  • Easy Print Driver Navigation

  • Fax Forward to Email as PDF

  • Print Quality (Awesome)All in all well built, easy to use and will serve the needs well of illiterate MFP users. Not many bells and whistles, just down and dirty simple functionality.

Here goes what I don't like:



  • Can't receive letter and legal faxes, everything must go to letter or legal.

  • Accounting Package will not work, Samsung has stated that they are aware of the flaw and are developing a firmware upgrade.

  • Every time you replace or add paper you have to confirm the paper size.

  • Touch Screen seems like its not calibrated correctly and you have to select functions on most occasions more than once.

  • Halftone copy quality is horrible from a printer document, no adjustments seem to work well.

  • Extremely hard to make scan2email connections.Advanced Copy functionality such as duplex, collate, mixed sizes can not be selected until original documents have been loaded in the document feeder.

Summary:


For the price there is alot of bang for the buck for the print, and copy speed. Illiterate MFP users will like this machine and it will perform fine up to 10,000 pages per month. Vertical Markets are Realty, Mortgage, Title and Attorneys if they need to receive both letter and legal faxes you need to talk them into faxforward2email, this will work well and eliminate the problem of not being able to receive and print letter and legal at the same time.


Were I would not sell this machine, is to advanced MFP users that are used to all of the functionality and ease of use of our current machines, if you do place one of these with advanced users, I guarantee you'll be removing it with in a weeks time!


Bringing me to the final point, I believe that these types of units from Samsung, HP, Xerox (relabeled Samsung) and Muratec (relabeled Samsung) are needed and their should be more of them. There is no need for an 11x17 foot print for the vertical markets that I described. Ricoh, and Canon need to step up to plate and give the customers what they need and want. It's said that 77% of all MFP users do not need 11x17.


One other note, for the price these systems allowed me to place units and beat the competition badly. I heard that a few reps stated they did not no anything about the unit, another rep stated that they only make phones. Bottom line was that in a competitive deal this system can capture your TDV each an every time.


If anyone else has anything to add, please do so!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the price is great for a mfp of this speed but I lost a couple of sales to competition because the customer thought that at this price I must be trying to sell them a "toy" that won't be able to handle the workload (About 6K AMCV)

gerardo valdez said...

I would like to know what out come would be between the The IR 330 IR 400 canon VS samsung 6345N

quality,performence,breakdown paper jamms etc thankyou for your help

Unknown said...

gerado:

The canon ir 330 and ir 400 are very old and were some of thefirst digital copiers made by Canon! The Samsung 6345 is a great perfomer, e have many that are in the field and we do not hear from our customer in reference to breakdowns, paperjams. I only had one client that did not like the halftone (photo) quality in the copy mode. However, when printing monochrome phots they were impressed. Speed is much paster than either of the two canons. I beleive this machine performs very well when used undeer 10,000 pages per month! Hope this helps

gerardo valdez said...

thanks for your coments also I did not understand when you you use the term half tone photo plaese what do you mean by that.you think the samsung SCX- 6345N copier would be OK with 30K copies per month? It would last for a three yaer lease at this level. Iam a tech with 12 years experince with canon,oce ricoh equipment and I am in the process of selling about 10 copiers samsung 6345N Need to Know how easy is to get parts!!! and toner and where would be my best location to get them.Where can I buy this copier SCX-6345N Once again thanykou for your time gerardo valdez form Texas

Unknown said...

One customer did not like the copy quality mode when copying from a photograph. I would be hestitant with 30K per month. I have never seen this machine perform at that volume.

However whta you should do is join the p4photel, especially the ricoh board, there has been much talk about the Sammys there and someone else may be able to answer the volume issue. go here www.p4photel.org

Anonymous said...

I'm considering purchasing a used Canon IR330 with only 257K copies on it... what should I be concerned about?

Unknown said...

Age!! The system is old and was one of the first digital hi speed devices from Canon. It mixed analog and digital technology. I beleive this unit is more than eight years old. If you are buying for a couple hundred it might be worth it. I would be concerned with parts availabilty along with technicians that still know the product.

At a quarter of a million pages I would also want to find out when the Drum, and Fuser Unit was replaced. Rule of thumb is after 7years a manufacturer can declare the machine obsolete and do not have to offer parts.

If you are set on used, I would look at models that are between 2-4years old and they can still give you years of service and you can buy them for a good price. If you are in the US, I can pass your name along to some of our Docusultants if we have one in your area. Hope this helps!!

Anonymous said...

i want to know how to use the fax(optional) of SCX-6345,will you help me???

Anonymous said...

i want to know how to use the fax(optional) of SCX-6345,will you help me???

Unknown said...

Send me an email about your issue and I'll see what I can do for you. art@p4photel.com

muba said...

Hi,

i have already educated myself from the posts above. I am working on MPS opportunity to position 300+ devices, a pay-as-you-go model. customer is looking for a multifunction device, primarily having; Duplex, scan, copy and print.
The 6345n has a recommended volume of 200K pages/mo which is about 10% of my mean (avg.) usage/mo, hence my devices are considered maintenance free for the term of the contact, i.e., 36 months.
can somebody verify whether sumsung’s claims toner yield 10000 pages, it is 10000 pages indeed in actual. and same goes with drums.

Thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

try going here to the community P4P Hotel forums, all your information is there www.p4photel.com