Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MFP Wars "Dealer Channel vs Direct Channel"

Whichever side of the Channel you're on we've got some sizzling content posted on the Print4Pay Hotel forums in the last few days. In particular SalesServiceGuy posted and awesome document outlining 13 points "of a few things to consider" before buying from the Direct Channel. 

SalesandServiceGuy also serves up that "the statements vary in different markets and would appreciate any clarifications".  Yeah, I can agree with that, different market places equal different policies.

Here's few tidbits for ya:

1).  Except for Xerox, expect to pay .....


2)  Many National copier vendors will charge you full....

3)  Should you unexpectedly run out of toner and need a new supply the same day, most National copier vendors will....

4)  You are being offered Free Copies/ $$$ Vouchers/ TVs/ Cameras, etc. to help convince you to choose a copier vendor. Well, nothing is ......
5)  "Professional Services" fees ranging from $125.00 to $195.00 per hour are often charged.....


There are 13 of these great tips, I've got 32 years in the business and thought they were awesome!! As of today some 48 hours after the post we've had over 100 downloads of the documents.

Well, not to be done in by the Dealer Channel, we've already had a rebuttle from a member of the Direct Channel from SJM, there's a short post on the forum, however I received via email the full rebuttal with 15 points!!!! I asked SJM that they post this on the Print4Pay Hotel forums for everyone. I haven't checked in a few hours and it might already be uploaded.

I've been a dealer guy all my life, and yes I feel that the Direct Channel has an unfair advantage, however I feel that the unfair advantage has made me better because I've had to work harder at beating the competition.

When it's all said and done, both pieces are great reads and if you're in the industry these are MUST Read threads!!!

-=Good Selling=-

 

No comments: