With only nine selling days left in the month and a little of extra time I found myself 6 miles from home and 28 miles from the office and 1 hour left in the day.
What would you do?
Ok, I lost two appointments and I'm not sure when I can make those up, I've got nine days and don't have my numbers in yet. I could do these:
- Call it a day and go home
- Go home and answer emails
- Go to the office and leave for home once I get there
- Knock on a few doors on the way home
- Knock off early, get a coffee and relax at the coffee cafe
So, as the saying goes "The Harder I work the Luckier I Get", the last cold call was the cream of the crop and they had interest in one of products and was willing to meet in a few days to discuss.
I could have packed it, thrown in the towel for the day, however I elected to do my job and work. BOO HOO, to the books and the naysayers that say cold calling is dead.