Sunday, November 27, 2011

Selling Copiers & MFP's "Beancounters Enable More Sales"

Last month saw me not being able to maintain my monthly quota, and that really sucks!  Our month is suppose to close on the 24th of each month, however due to Thanksgiving and being closed on Friday and then the weekend we would have had until the 28th of the month.

Heck, I was good with that since Wednesday the 23rd is travel day before Thanksgiving and the 28th would have been a full business day to close additional business!    Thus I had the month of November at 23 Selling Days!!  Dam, just what I needed and extra day right?

Kinda, and not so fast, on or about the second week into the month we had a notice that we're closing the month on the 23rd which is the busiest travel day in the US. 

Basically means that you'd have to have all your sales completed by the 22nd of the month. So what was to be a bonus day, turned into one less day in the selling month, that's just like losing 10% of the month.  I'm not making excuses, however let me see some of those dam beancounters do my job and then let me take away a couple of selling days here and there, right!

But, you know, there is a shining light at the end of the tunnel.  When I'm back to work on Monday the 28, I'll still have 3 days left in the calendar month. So, I'll be back in the swing of things trying to get business closed with urgency before the calendar "end of the month".  In essence the beancounters need to close the month early gives me an additional "end of the month" closing tool.

Looking back, I kinda like having two "end of the month" opportunities, it gives me the additional desire to close things up and start the "new month" on a high note.

With that, we're into the last month of the year. I had a lot of business push to December and I'm hoping I can get it all done by the 14th, cause after that I'm closing shop until the end of the year!

Just a side note here from 1/20/2012, I was not able to finish the month by the 14th.  I was working all the way until the 23rd of the month.  For those that give up a few days before Christmas and pack it in. I was able close almost $100K in business on the 22nd and 23rd.  Just goes to show you that everyone is in buying mode around the Holidays!!!

-=Good Selling=-

No comments: