Friday, March 11, 2011

Our Thoughts and Prayers for Japan

This morning I sent a tweet to all of my followers in reference to the devatasation in Japan.  The earthquake was centered in the North Pacific Ocean and northeast of Sendai, Japan. 

About eight years ago I had the opportunity to visit Japan on a "Sell the Solution" contest from Ricoh.  I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Sendai and was able to tour the Ricoh Tohoku factory in Shibata-machi.

The Miyagi Prefecture and its surrounding areas include major manufacturing and industrial zones, with many chemical and electronics plants.

It's already been asked on the Print4Pay Hotel forums if this earthquake will have a an effect on hardware and supply chain not only for Ricoh but for other manaufacturers that have facilities in the immediate area.

My heart goes out to those who have lost their homes, jobs and family members.  We hope and pray that all employees and their families at Tohoku Ricoh are safe.

The Print4Pay Hotel Staff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When natural disasters happen like this, it makes me realize AGAIN just how truly blessed my family of 5 kids (under 13yrs) and beautiful wife have truly been here in Oregon. Others that have been through hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and more I can't even START to imagine what you or family members had or have gone through. I do know that I have TOTAL peace about death, for this time here in this world is just the beginning of my spiritual life...

May God Bless Everyone involved in this newest disaster...Jeremy aka muleyman