Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Selling Copy Machines "Securing An Appointment"


Oh boy! This was once the easiest part of my job and nowadays it is the hardest!

Once upon a time we were able to cold call with no security systems, no locked doors, no gatekeepers and unlimited access to all, my how times have changed.


Old fashion cold calling still works if you have the stomach for it, however you have to work three times as hard to get access to buildings, keep in mind that if you do get in, your only roll is to get the name of the person who is in charge of the office equipment.

Usually, I will approach potential clients with three different contacts. I will use the telephone or a cold call to find out the right contact, from there I will send a personalized letter and then follow up with a phone call to the person in charge.

You've got to be able to peak their interest in the first 10 seconds of the call, lately I have been asking if they are currently using "document capture" software. Most will say no and I have peaked their interest, be prepared to be knowledgeable and to elaborate on technology. Secondly, I will ask if they have connected MFP's usually the answer is yes. I then ask for a 15 minute appointment to show the Document Capture software.

I'm selling hardware however, I 'm getting in the door with software, from there I can learn all about their hardware and workflow. Starting with a software solution will make you stand out from the crowd!

By the way we have an inexpensive Document Capture Software called Docuary, please call me or email me if you would like further information.


-=Good Selling=-



No comments: