Sunday, January 27, 2008

Copier Sales Tips "Call Me Back One Time"


What's one of the most frustrating things about selling? Well, for me, its the promise of the return phone call. 
I make sure that I tell the client I will be making a follow up call on a certain day and confirm this with the client. Too many times, I find my self making countless calls because the client will not take the call or they are too busy, or something is a miss.

Hey, I'm a big boy, it's not going to break my heart if you don't buy from me, however please just pick up the phone, email me, send me a text, or leave me a voice mail, am I asking too much here?
Now, I can't take credit for this, however this was posted on the P4P Hotel Message Boards, trust me it works.


When all else fails trying to get in touch with a prospecting customer, make a last ditch effort.There are some situations when you have tried everything within your power and still make no connection. After you have made many attempts to get an appointment, there is one last-ditch tool you might want to try. A sales rep I know has used it, and says that 90 percent of the time, people will reply. So when you have tried everything else, try this:


Fax:(Date)(Name)(Company)

Fax #:Dear (Name),


I’m sure you have an excellent reason for not returning any of my calls. Because I don’t want to be a nuisance, please choose from the following options and fax this back to me at (123) 555-7890.


· I’m on safari and haven’t gotten my messages.

· I’ve been drowning in work. Call me next week… I will take your call then.

· I am not working here anymore; call in care of NASA.

· I am sorry and will call you back soon.

· Please call me back at _____ a.m. / _____p.m. on ___/___/08

· I hate you and don’t ever want to talk to you.

· Other ________________________________________


Sincerely, (Your name)


Yes, I have used this and yes I did receive a few responses. Some I wanted and some I didn't want, however it did allow me to move forward with some clients and acknowledged that I was wasting my time with other accounts.


Let me know if you have used this or will use it and how it works out for you!

-=Good Selling=-


No comments: