Saturday, January 27, 2007

Return a Phone Call One Time!

One thing that gets me going is the courtesy of a return phone!

Is it too much to ask that I get a return phone call when leaving a message! Over the last few years it seems that no one is returning calls anymore especially to sales people. Keep in mind that most of the time the client or potential customer called us first! We then call them back immediately, stopped what we were working on and returned their call and then met with the client or gave them they information that they were looking for. What's the big deal about making a return call?

If you are not intersted in our services just make the call and tell us, we are all grown ups here. If you do not have a decision yet, that's OK to, just let us know and we'll scheduled a call somewhere down the road. The process of not returning a phone creates extra work and more calls.

The last thing we want to do is be a pain in the butt, however if you're not returning a call, we have no idea what is going on. Maybe your voice mail is not working, maybe you're out on vacation or just not interested. WE ARE NOT MIND READERS! I'll be it's the same thing on the customers end, is that nothing upsets them more when they do not get a return call from a sales person. Common Professional courtesy goes along way in a business relationship and it all starts with the first line of communication "the phone call" .

by Art Post
6:19:00 AM

1 – 1 of 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How right you are on this aspect of what should be regarded as a common courtesy. And it appears to have become far more prevalent in the last year or two. What I do these days when someone will not return my call, is to send them an email, which I purposely c.c. to my Sales Manager (which by the way is me, by a different name) and ask them if I have done something that has caused them to not wish to talk with me. 95% of the time, I then get a response from the client, who more often than not tells me that he has been very busy, and apologises for not getting back to me. Believe it or not, this then makes it a lot easier to reopen the door, and at least get a decision one way or another.

By Mike Newin
09:10 PM